Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Fruity Popsicles!

This weather has been so weird here in Ohio. Our spring was more like summer, and summer has been pretty mild. Today was a warm one, however! So we got to enjoy all the benefits of summer. I got to wear a summery dress, went thrift shopping for sleeveless tshirts, went swimming, etc. It's nice to be out and about, even in 90 degree weather! Plus I got a communist t-shirt from Goodwill. It's really from China, it seems. Weird huh? This is the same place I found a Marquis de Sade book (and read it...bwahaha). No, I'm not a communist. I just like the whimsical weirdness of the shirt.
Me in my summery dress...I haven't worm a spaghetti strap anything in years

Of course, when it's this hot, you must make popsicles! I went to a close-out store, and found V8 popsicle molds. What better way to celebrate summer? These are made purely from fruit puree, so you get all the added benefits of fresh fruit in a cold summer treat!

Fruity Popsicles
Makes 4 (depending on your mold)

Calories 90 | Fat 2g | Sodium 2.8mg | Carb 23.2g | Sugar 19g | Protein 1g | Fiber 3g

What you'll need:

2 c. Strawberries

2 Fresh Mangoes, separated from skin and diced
The juice from 1 blood orange

In a blended, combine strawberries, mangoes, and juice from the orange. Puree until smooth consistency throughout. Add to molds, and freeze for at least 4 hours (I put empty molds into the freezer to make the freezing time a little shorter). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment