Tuesday, May 28, 2013


Now, I'm a "make-it-from-scratch" kinda girl. I love pulling out all the fresh vegetables, fruits, flour, baking powder, eggs, etc. I know what's in my food, and I have complete control over the extras. Extra spicy (well, for Joe anyway)? Maybe a little bit more savory than sweet? I have complete creative control. I also, however, work 2 jobs. Which leaves me precious little time for cooking like I'd like. Honestly, with my schedule, I don't really have time to cook make-ahead meals for lunch or dinner (hellooo Lean Cuisine). This is one of those meals I can make in the hour in between switching jobs. I don't have much prep work, so I get to spend more time with my husband.

Now, I generally consider it a cop-out when a recipe calls for store-bought pre-made items. Keep in mind, this is a light, quick meal for any kind of busy life. And obviously you can adjust and change everything to your own taste! Now, the health information is for one burger. I served mine with cripsy sweet potato fries!

Guacamole Veggie Burger

Calories: 320 | Fat 15g | Chol 10mg | Sodium 645mg | Carb 26.5g | Fiber 8.5g | Protein 24g

What You'll Need:
1 Morning Star Grillers Veggie Burger
1 Sliced (Saragento) Reduced Fat Provolone Cheese
2 tbsp Guacamole
1 split Aunt Millie's Slimwich sandwich buns, toasted
Tortilla strips for garnish (optional)

Spray a skillet with non-stick spray, and heat over medium heat. Add veggie burger, and cook about 3 1/2-4 minutes on each side. Add provolone cheese to burger, and let sit till melty. Meanwhile, toast bun (if desired) and spread guacamole to cover. Add burger and tortilla strips, and you have a quick, tasty, healthy dinner!

This was also the first time I'd ever had veggie burgers, and I loved them!


No comments:

Post a Comment